Friday, December 28, 2012

Comedians share some laughs with Fairtrade coffee growers in Papua New Guinea

Michèle A’Court, comedian from New Zeland, writes about her trip to Papua New Guinea and Fairtrade.


For many years, I’ve been an ideological supporter of the Fairtrade concept – it has always made tremendous sense to me that the person who creates the work should get a fair share of the money that is made from it so they can make a decent living.


It’s something I care about probably because of my own experience as a worker. As a comedian, I try to arrange things so that middle-men (producers, promoters, advertisers, venue owners) don’t take such a huge share of a show’s ticket price that I only end up with a tiny part of what an audience member was prepared to pay to see my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment